You've heard that vinegar is the best thing for you, right? It has been used for centuries to improve digestion and ward off heart disease, but it also works wonders at regulating blood sugar.
And, let's be honest, the bright, zesty flavour is a delicious addition to just about anything. Don't believe me? Here are 10 ways to use fruit vinegar to jazz up everyday dishes:
1) Trade in your tired balsamic for cassis vinegar in your next salad dressing.
2) After browning pork in a frying pan, deglaze the pan with apricot vinegar to make an easy sauce.
3) Jazz up your next fruit salad with mango vinegar and fresh mint.
4) You like gin? Good. Me too. Add a little raspberry vinegar and honey to some ice cold gin. Top it off with sparkling water if you want to make the whole thing afternoon poolside appropriate.
5) For a super fast appetizer, smear goat cheese on toasted bread slices and drizzle a little red pepper vinegar on top. Not only is it pretty, it also tastes impressive.
6) Marinate flank steak in tomato basil vinegar. Or if you're not organized enough for things like marinades, simply season with salt and pepper, grill, slice, and drizzle a little tomato basil goodness on top.
7) Poach some halibut. Serve it over wild rice tossed with olive oil and mango vinegar. Call it dinner.
8) Think about chocolate ice cream. Now think about chocolate ice cream with raspberry vinegar. Stop thinking about it and go eat some.
9) Toss thin spears of asparagus with fig vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper before popping it in the oven on a baking sheet.
10) Make raw vegetables awesome by combining any fruit vinegar flavour with just enough mayonnaise to thicken it up. If you're going savory, punch it up with a dash of cayenne or finely chopped fresh herbs.